Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hiding out

Some days I want to fade into the background and for some reason I end up being drafted into the spotlight.  In high school, our senior class t-shirt stole the Cheers motto, "Where everyone knows your name."  Ironically I graduated with 470-something people and I did not know all of their names.  In fact, there were quite a few students who walked across that stage who I had never laid eyes on before in my life.  They must have taken Latin, woodshop, and computer classes.

Do you ever want to just disappear?  On trying days I am very tempted to hide under my desk and take a nap.  I have yet to actually follow through with that, but I've threatened to.

But even on the days that I feel like being a nobody in a crowd, I am still always a somebody to God.  Your value comes from Him because He created you.  You are made in His image (that should boost your self-image) (Gen 1:26).  You are God's child and heir (Gal 4:7).  You are God's firstfruits, his most prized creation (James 1:18).  How good to know that we are treasured!

No comments: