Monday, February 28, 2011

Money, money, money.

This morning I woke up to find my paycheck had been deposited in my bank account.  Sweet.  Then I noticed it was more than three times the normal amount.  SUH-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.  [Insert Cristy voice inflection, with Charleston kick here].  Confession: it made me feel very rich.  It was a GREAT way to start the day!  FREE MONEY!!!!!

Unfortunately, it was due to a clerical error.  The payroll office called me twice before lunch, trying to track me down.  I have to return it.  Sniff, sniff.

I got to thinking that this is a lot like God's grace.  It is free and totally undeserved.  BUT we get to keep it!  Why don't I get this excited about that free gift (AND it's untaxable) as much as I do about a paycheck I can't keep?

(Money --> Green -->  Gumby-->)

No comments: